Lenses and Thinner
When selecting your lenses during the frame order process you will come across these options in the drop down menu:
Frame onlySelect this option if you:
- Want to select the frame without a prescription lens.
DistanceSelect this option:
- If you wear your glasses everyday without the need for bi-focals or varifocals.
- If you need them for seeing things in the distance, e.g. driving, television etc.
- If you use your glasses for driving at night time or if used under strong lighting etc. an anti-reflective coating is advised.
Computer/Middle DistanceSelect this option:
- If you mostly use these glasses for computer work or anything at an arm’s length.
- If you are a musician your music will normally be at an arm’s length/middle distance.
- If you use a computer or use under strong lighting, etc. an anti-reflective coating is advised.
ReadingSelect this option if :
- You mostly read things close up, normally at half an arms length. (Books, papers etc)
- Choose a light tint if you want a tint for everyday use.
- Choose a dark tint if you want to give your glasses a sunglass tint.
- All our tints are fully UV protected.
- Transitions/Reactolite lenses will darken outdoors and go clear indoors.
- These will give 100% UV protection and are available in grey or brown.
- Due to UV protection on car windscreens these will not react as well inside vehicles.
- This option is available if you want to avoid any excess thickness on stronger prescriptions.
- If you do have a strong prescription a full rimmed frame or plastic/acetate frame will conceal the thickness of the lens much better.
- Semi-rimless and rimless frames expose the edge thickness and we require a minimum thickness of 2mm to ensure the lens has sufficient strength.
Thinner lenses are as follows:
(Up to 30% thinner)
(Up to 36% thinner)
(Up to 42% thinner)